hello world.
My first blog. Ever. I'm not really sure where to start but here goes nothing...
I was talking with my friend A and when she told me about how she blogs to put down her thoughts online, it really drew my attention. It's totally true that when anybody blogs, they are giving a piece of themselves away. They became vulnerable. Exposed. But there is a degree of admiration involved in this process. Often times, it is difficult for me to open myself up when I am meeting someone new. Why? Fear is one of the reason. When I do expose myself to others, I initially feel that I am ensnared with the fear of getting hurt, betrayed, and what-not. I am also afraid that when I open myself up all the ugly, icky part inside me will be revealed. That's why I wore a superficial facade to prevent that from happening. I've build a wall that I thought would protect me from harm's way, yet in reality the very same wall is restricting me from the relationships that I invest in.
But praise to God for He sees my flaws. I was given an opportunity of a lifetime to do my last co-op work term in Ontario. Away from home (which is in Vancouver). He has taken me out of my comfort zone. Away from my family. Away from the fellowship that I'm involved in called University Christian Ministry (UCM in short). I am stripped away, such that I have nothing and nobody to turn to except Him alone. I am excited as to what God will reveal to me with this opportunity. I've already seen some of His blessings that He poured out so graciously on an underserving guy like me. Not only was I blessed with a job at RIM, but God has placed me in the midst of a Christian fellowship called Chinese Christian Fellowship (CCF). I am living with four other Christian brothers in a house that is really close to my workplace. My prayer is that I will continue to update this blog over the upcoming weeks.
I would like to end off my first blog with a verse filled of praise. I hope that I will be constantly reminded of how good God has been in my life. In everything, He works for the good of those who loves Him and who has been called according to His purpose.
"Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song. Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful." -Psalm 149:1
Wow, God truly deserves all our praises and thanksgiving. He deserves a new, original, unique song every time we are reminded and realized of how faithful He has been. That entitlement proclaims that we are worshipping a great and loving God, who desires to be involved in our lives. When we surrender ourselves to Him and when we love Him dearly, He also invests in this reciprocal relationship for our good.
I was talking with my friend A and when she told me about how she blogs to put down her thoughts online, it really drew my attention. It's totally true that when anybody blogs, they are giving a piece of themselves away. They became vulnerable. Exposed. But there is a degree of admiration involved in this process. Often times, it is difficult for me to open myself up when I am meeting someone new. Why? Fear is one of the reason. When I do expose myself to others, I initially feel that I am ensnared with the fear of getting hurt, betrayed, and what-not. I am also afraid that when I open myself up all the ugly, icky part inside me will be revealed. That's why I wore a superficial facade to prevent that from happening. I've build a wall that I thought would protect me from harm's way, yet in reality the very same wall is restricting me from the relationships that I invest in.
But praise to God for He sees my flaws. I was given an opportunity of a lifetime to do my last co-op work term in Ontario. Away from home (which is in Vancouver). He has taken me out of my comfort zone. Away from my family. Away from the fellowship that I'm involved in called University Christian Ministry (UCM in short). I am stripped away, such that I have nothing and nobody to turn to except Him alone. I am excited as to what God will reveal to me with this opportunity. I've already seen some of His blessings that He poured out so graciously on an underserving guy like me. Not only was I blessed with a job at RIM, but God has placed me in the midst of a Christian fellowship called Chinese Christian Fellowship (CCF). I am living with four other Christian brothers in a house that is really close to my workplace. My prayer is that I will continue to update this blog over the upcoming weeks.
I would like to end off my first blog with a verse filled of praise. I hope that I will be constantly reminded of how good God has been in my life. In everything, He works for the good of those who loves Him and who has been called according to His purpose.
"Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song. Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful." -Psalm 149:1
Wow, God truly deserves all our praises and thanksgiving. He deserves a new, original, unique song every time we are reminded and realized of how faithful He has been. That entitlement proclaims that we are worshipping a great and loving God, who desires to be involved in our lives. When we surrender ourselves to Him and when we love Him dearly, He also invests in this reciprocal relationship for our good.
Comments
Post a Comment