Rend my heart

Its been a tough semester. Mini essays every week. Challenging midterms. Projects. UCM. I can't believe there's only two weeks of school class left! After saying that, I do agree that I've grown (again!) so much throughout this semester. To be honest, I entered the semester expecting that I won't do that much work. I picked my courses earlier in the summer, making sure that they are courses that I'd enjoy and that they won't have too much workload. Boy, was I wrong and God truly convicted me of this. I was too confident in my own skills and efforts that I placed God out of the picture... I relied on my own strength, not expecting God to reveal his magnificent power in my life and his desire of partaking in the midst of my daily routines.

Selfish..

Prideful..

Insecure..

Yeah, that's what I am. Yet I thank my God that he has new mercy for me everyday. I was so blind coming into this semester and God knows this. He still gives me that freedom of choosing my own way. I was stubborn, careless of those wrongdoings. Why does he lavish me with such freedom?

One answer...... love

He loves me from the start
He loves me from the beginning and all the way to the end
He loves me (still) even when I decide to go on my own path
He loves me (still!) when I am in my own selfish and broken nature
He loves me!

He knows that I'm going to fall.. hard, and he is there to guide and direct back to his path, his loving and righteous way! All glory, and honor, and power to Him :)

Rend your hearts and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Joel 2:13

I was confused by the word 'rend'. After googling it, I realized that it meant tearing to shreds. Like in the ancient days, how the Jews would tear their garments and put on sackcloth and ashes whey they are crying out to the Lord, God asks the same for us to tear apart our hearts - to be torn in the inside as well. He wants us to come to him our broken hearts, our thirst and hunger for him. Then God will restore our hearts and our relationship back, because he loves us so much! Wow. What a powerful image!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience is a virtue...

2 Timothy 2:11

I will climb this mountain...