Happy New Year!
"Of all persons the Christian should be best prepared for whatever the New Year brings. He has dealt with life at its source. In Christ he has disposed of a thousand enemies that other men must face alone and unprepared. He can face his tomorrow cheerful and unafraid because yesterday he turned his feet into the ways of peace and today he lives in God. The man who has made God his dwelling place will always have a safe habitation. "
-A.W. Tozer
It has been a fruitful and abundant year. Its not an easy year at all, but when I looked back I see how God works in every trials and obstacles that I've encountered. This gives me hope; God's faithfulness and mercy prevails every time. All the time. So what's my New Years Resolution? Its more like prayers actually:
1) I pray for more faith and confidence in this upcoming year. I want to feel excited whenever I encounter adversities. Voddie Baucham said that he felt that way because he knows that God is about to transform, to mould, and to lead him into higher spiritual grounds. I don't want to let my worries and anxieties define my life, as well as the pleasures that this world offers. There are always wants and needs in my life. Finding a job, travelling, building a family, but I want don't want these desires to replace God.
2) I pray for boldness. I want to witness about the wonderful works that God has been and is doing in my life. How much God longs for a relationship with us, yet due to our selfishness and pride we rejected Him. This world is broken and is passing away faster than we realize. The good things and pleasures in life are but temporary. God's original purpose in creating those things are for us to draw nearer to Him. Piper definitely got it when he said the following:
God created bread, not for us to eat it but to realize that Jesus is the bread of life.
God created water, not for us to enjoy and drink it but to realize that Jesus is the water of life.
God created these rules and laws, not for us to try with all our might to obey each single one of those law, but to realize that we cannot keep them. We are broken beings who needs Jesus the perfecter of the Father's love for us, the ONLY way that our Heavenly Father can look past our transgressions and offers us that second chance to re-establish an eternal relationship with Him.
I wish those who are reading this a New Year and to say to them the following:
I don't know whether 2012 was a good or bad year for you. But as for me, I know that I can put my life in a God who is the same in the past, now, and the future. I know that He loves you and me, and in spite of the fast-paced, constantly changing world that we live in, He will never leave us nor forsake us. And He desires that we (yes, you and myself) would re-enter that relationship with Him and realize that everything here on earth is temporary. But He endures forever.
Soli Deo Gloria.
-A.W. Tozer
It has been a fruitful and abundant year. Its not an easy year at all, but when I looked back I see how God works in every trials and obstacles that I've encountered. This gives me hope; God's faithfulness and mercy prevails every time. All the time. So what's my New Years Resolution? Its more like prayers actually:
1) I pray for more faith and confidence in this upcoming year. I want to feel excited whenever I encounter adversities. Voddie Baucham said that he felt that way because he knows that God is about to transform, to mould, and to lead him into higher spiritual grounds. I don't want to let my worries and anxieties define my life, as well as the pleasures that this world offers. There are always wants and needs in my life. Finding a job, travelling, building a family, but I want don't want these desires to replace God.
2) I pray for boldness. I want to witness about the wonderful works that God has been and is doing in my life. How much God longs for a relationship with us, yet due to our selfishness and pride we rejected Him. This world is broken and is passing away faster than we realize. The good things and pleasures in life are but temporary. God's original purpose in creating those things are for us to draw nearer to Him. Piper definitely got it when he said the following:
God created bread, not for us to eat it but to realize that Jesus is the bread of life.
God created water, not for us to enjoy and drink it but to realize that Jesus is the water of life.
God created these rules and laws, not for us to try with all our might to obey each single one of those law, but to realize that we cannot keep them. We are broken beings who needs Jesus the perfecter of the Father's love for us, the ONLY way that our Heavenly Father can look past our transgressions and offers us that second chance to re-establish an eternal relationship with Him.
I wish those who are reading this a New Year and to say to them the following:
I don't know whether 2012 was a good or bad year for you. But as for me, I know that I can put my life in a God who is the same in the past, now, and the future. I know that He loves you and me, and in spite of the fast-paced, constantly changing world that we live in, He will never leave us nor forsake us. And He desires that we (yes, you and myself) would re-enter that relationship with Him and realize that everything here on earth is temporary. But He endures forever.
Soli Deo Gloria.
Comments
Post a Comment