Random Acts of Kindness

Ever get that feeling when you just feel like something (or someone) keeps nudging you in the inside. Well, that's definitely what I felt two weeks ago. I've never been good at sharing why I believe what I believed. Why do I believe in such a Holy and loving God. What Jesus meant to me. Why should people believe in him etc...

My Christian community (UCM) organized a week called Random Acts of Kindness week (RAK). Basically, its a chance for to show our classmates and professors (ie. people on campus) the grace and love that Christ has given so freely on us. We did things such as handing out cookies, washing people's cars, etc.

Needless to say, I was terrified.

I felt that nudge over and over to do the umbrella walk. Which entails the following:
-walking someone to their class when it rains
But I felt that I wanted to do more than just that, I want to share with them what I believed.

There's a constant battle between God's nudge and my fear, but I stick it through the end. I have to say that God did some major work during RAK week, as I will be sharing briefly..

When it was my turn to do the umbrella, it turns out that it didn't even rain at all. "Great" (I thought), now what... My group leader decided that we should do a treasure hunt/prayer walk instead around the campus. If you're not familiar with treasure hunt, the main guideline is this: you pray first and ask God to show you someone that you can pray for during the hunt. You can get different pictures (eg. someone wearing a yellow hat, or someone in crutches, etc). Then, you pretty much go on your way and look for your "treasure" that God has shown you. Once you find your treasure, ask if you can help them with your treasure hunt, explain what it is to them, and offer to pray for them.

That was my first time doing such thing and boy was it more than what I expected.

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't really get to find my treasure. I had an image of someone in crutches. We didn't find anyone in such condition (which is a good thing too hah).

But I felt so encouraged from this treasure hunt, that I was moved to ask one of my friend if I could pray for him. I noticed that he has been feeling tired and down lately. Much to my surprise, he answered that he would love a prayer right now. I know that he is atheist but I thank God for working in this situation.

So there it is... God moves in so many different ways - more than what I could ask or imagine :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience is a virtue...

2 Timothy 2:11

I will climb this mountain...