2 Timothy 2:11

My cousin posted this verse on her facebook status, "This a trustworthy saying: if we die with him, we will also live with him". It made me re-speculate on my own life right now, especially with tragedies that happen over these past couple days. What am I living for? I would say that my biggest desire right now is to travel abroad.  But is it really what I'm aiming for? Money, career, relationship, family... sure they're all great but God reminded me something important: That I am but a mere sojourner in this world (deja vu... the title of this blog), waiting on settling eternally with Him when this world has passed.

I realized that I'm very ungrateful. Here I am, being selfish and complaining of "boredom" that there's nothing to do (now that finals/ UCM/ G-House are done) when in fact it really is a gift from my Abba, just to wake up in the morning to another glorious day. I realized that He is waiting for me to join Him in doing his work, yet I am bubbled up in my own self-conceit and idols that I ignore His calling. That is why I am in constant need of Jesus and his grace in my life. I am not perfect. Ever. This is a continuous journey for me of seeking humility and forgiveness from God.

The verse was posted in my cousin's status after the passing away of her mother yesterday. One of the last words that my aunt said was how she felt Jesus hugging her, as a shepherd holds one of their lambs. I know that my aunt is now in our Father's arms, in a place where there is no pain and there is constant rejoicing.

These passings are shadows of what has been done: Jesus has won victory and triumphed over death. Period. Though there's pain in the night, His joy comes in the morning.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your aunt :( I'm praying for you and your family! This is a beautiful post, it's been so good to see (and read about) your growth over the past couple years. Have peace knowing that you will see your aunt again, when you spend eternity with our Father!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate all your prayers. God has definitely brought me a long way up to today and he still has more in store.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patience is a virtue...

I will climb this mountain...