wow.

With the massive layoffs that our company is doing, I was pretty surprised that my teammates were so chill. That's good I guess, that people are focused on their projects. Or maybe that's because they don't want to think about it... In any case, I turned on my computer on Monday and as I tried to log in, a very surprising message box appeared... "Your account is expired." That was pretty nerve wracking. I tried restarting and logging in again. Nothing. Restart and then... Nope, nothing. At this point, my mind is already thinking about the possibility that I was laid off. I told my supervisor about it and he referred me to our executive assistant. My heart was pounding so fast. All I can do is just pray. I know its counterintuitive but I forced myself to continue to give thanks. Something that my mom encouraged me to do when I feel troubled and I thanked her for that. I was thankful that our Father has given me this job. The chance to come back to Waterloo to continue to invest in my relationships with awesome brothers and sisters, as well as to learn more about this usability position (something that I might consider doing graduate school in).

When I asked the assistant, she looked a bit puzzled about this whole situation. Then, I asked her if I was getting laid off. She was pretty surprised and she assured me that I was not. I will be completing this fall work term, right till the end. Praise God :D

It turns out that it was an IT issue. Since I was a returning co-op employee, the system tries to erase my old credentials. Instead, they never readded my new account. Aside from not being able to login the whole day, I was very very thankful that God's favour and faithfulness prevails  :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patience is a virtue...

2 Timothy 2:11

I will climb this mountain...