Children of God

One of my friend has this statement on his Facebook status: "we've grown up too much, sometimes we forget that we are children of God". There is some truth to this statement. What's interesting is that this statement reminded me of an interesting experience that I encounter a couple months ago, last semester. I was walking around downtown Vancouver, going back to my workplace and I suddenly stopped. I saw a reflection of myself on a store window (this sounds pretty narcissistic haha). But I stopped because I saw myself with a nice dress shirt, formal pants on, hair gelled stylishly, wearing a nice pair of dress shoes. And I thought to myself: "Wow, I'm all grown up. The world awaits me...real life awaits me". To tell you the truth, that IS a scary thought! To be given the freedom to do what you want to do with your life and the independence from my family... I just feel like I'm not ready at all.  But I can't avoid it, I do have to face reality (darn!).

This brings us back to that statement. I find it really comforting and humbling to remind myself that even though I don't feel like I have everything under control, or that I am ready to dive into the "real world", it doesn't matter. I am not alone, even though I'm living away from my family, friends, and Christian family. I have a Father in heaven who takes care of me, who is ALWAYS there by my side. I am proud to be called a child of God.


Matthew 18...
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

This world is temporary and it is passing away. I am just a sojourner, passing through this world -  awaiting for eternity. So in the meantime, my prayer is just to live in the moment as God takes me step by step everyday, continually praying that He will show me how can I glorify Him with my present circumstances. Growing up can be daunting, but I won't let that notion overwhelm me. I am not alone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience is a virtue...

2 Timothy 2:11

I will climb this mountain...