I feel like I'm being tested with my patience right now. This summer, I've moved to Waterloo, ON from Vancouver. I am surrounded with a different environment, setting, and people. Currently, I am living with four other guys and let's just say that the state of our house is below my standard level of "clean". I'm sure lots of people who have gone away from home have experienced this dilemma. I'll refer to the effect of this dilemma as the "Messy Roommate(s) Syndrome", MRS in short. I've talked to some people on how they dealt with MRS. The most famous solution is to turn a blind eye to the whole thing, while still cleaning up after your own stuff. This also entails the person to keep their belongings in their own bedroom (kitchenwares included) and buying a small refrigerator to store their own stuff if you want to be extreme (or if things get pretty nasty in the fridge). To be honest, I am really considering this option. Although the house is...
My cousin posted this verse on her facebook status, "This a trustworthy saying: if we die with him, we will also live with him". It made me re-speculate on my own life right now, especially with tragedies that happen over these past couple days. What am I living for? I would say that my biggest desire right now is to travel abroad. But is it really what I'm aiming for? Money, career, relationship, family... sure they're all great but God reminded me something important: That I am but a mere sojourner in this world (deja vu... the title of this blog), waiting on settling eternally with Him when this world has passed. I realized that I'm very ungrateful. Here I am, being selfish and complaining of "boredom" that there's nothing to do (now that finals/ UCM/ G-House are done) when in fact it really is a gift from my Abba, just to wake up in the morning to another glorious day. I realized that He is waiting for me to join Him in doing his work, yet I a...
I came upon this entry from my own personal journal and I want to share it here. This entry was written in the midst of my finals and after hearing my roommate sings one of United Pursuit Band's song, "Climb", I started to ask myself what one of the line of the song meant. - "I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open" - It didn't really make sense to me, what that line meant - how can you climb a mountain with open hands. That's impossible, you need all four limbs to climb a steep, rocky mountain. As I ruminate on this line, God revealed the following: I saw myself climbing a mountain. It was steep, dark, and filled with jagged rocks. But I kept on going. The only way that I am able to continually fixate my eyes to the top and not look down is the assurance that something greater than I is holding out his hands, one by one, to support my steps. This assurance gives me confidence and peace, and I know that I can lift up my hands to wo...
Comments
Post a Comment